I graduated from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science in Graphics and Printing Science (Imaging). While my background is in printing, I spent much of my time at WMU advocating the use of technology to facilitate learning.
I now live in Grand Rapids, MI where I’ve spent the past seven years educating customer’s at X-Rite Pantone about the world of color. I’ve helped X-Rite grow their eLearning platform to more than 40,000 customers worldwide and currently support our Professional Color Services team in the execution and productization of new service offerings.
I am currently finishing up my Master of Arts at the University of Colorado Denver in Information & Learning Technologies, with a focus on instructional design and adult learning. I’m passionate about multimedia and making learning interactive; hopefully this is evident in my work!
Adobe Creative Cloud
Familiarity with After Effects, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere.
Well-versed in creating software simulations and adding interactivity. Expertise in Adobe Captivate.
Experience with HTML and CSS, using HTML5 to deliver online training, and working in a PHP environment.
Extensive background using Moodle and WordPress, including administration and customization.
Strong experience learning and implementing new technologies, developing workflows, and providing training.
Analytics, marketing strategy, and providing technical support.
Color Services Analyst
February 2011 – Present | Grand Rapids, MI
- Ensure proper execution of all service offerings including measurements, digital drawdowns, and portal administration
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to productize and deliver new service offerings
- Manage and maintain global Color Services eLearning site
- Develop eLearning courses for new products and services
– | Tucson, AZ
- Worked in all departments of a print shop including digital, prepress, pressroom, fulfillment, and sales
- Operated a Canon imagePRESS C7000VP and Canon imageRUNNER 110
- Performed preflighting functions including page layouts, typesetting, and color separations
- Worked on a six color offset printing press
IT Support Specialist & Lab Assistant
– | Kalamazoo, M
- IT Support Specialist for the College of Arts & Sciences:
- Maintained and developed CAS technology website
- Deployed instructor wikis containing classroom resources
- Updated and maintained Macs and PCs across campus
- Office/Lab Assistant for the Department of Chemical & Paper Engineering:
- Designed promotional materials for events and instructional purposes
- Lead operator on Canon imagePRESS C1+
- Assisted students with projects in computer and print labs
– | Tucson, AZ
- Developed a new website according to instructor needs
- Updated and maintained website information on a regular basis
- Worked independently under strict deadlines
May 4, 2018
Enhancing Professional Learning Through Video Game RoleplayWith a younger generation entering the workforce, expectations for workplace training programs are rapidly changing. According to Gallup, 87% of millennials said career development is important when considering a potential job.
March 14, 2018
Career Inquiry – 2018 Development PlanDuring this time of year performance reviews are conducted at my workplace and career discussions are taking place. To prepare for my discussion with my manager and come up with a development plan for this year...
February 14, 2018
Increasing Workplace Motivation Through Autonomy, Mastery, and PurposeWhen I’m developing new training programs I typically try to think about the motivations of learners that will be taking the content I create.