I live in Grand Rapids, MI where I’ve spent the past seven years primarily developing training content for classrooms, seminars, and eLearning at X-Rite / Pantone, a global leader in the color technology. I’ve helped X-Rite grow their eLearning platform to more than 30,000 customers worldwide. I currently support our Professional Color Services team in the execution and productization of new service offerings.
I graduated from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science in Multimedia Imaging. While my background is in printing, I spent much of my time at WMU advocating technology to facilitate learning. I produced a video on the use of technology in the English Department’s educational labs and developed a website dedicated to teaching about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I am now pursuing my Master of Arts at the University of Colorado Denver in Information & Learning Technologies, Option: eLearning. I have experience designing for web and print. I also have an extensive multimedia and eLearning background.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Familiarity with After Effects, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere.
Well-versed in creating software simulations and adding interactivity. Expertise in Adobe Captivate.
Experience with HTML and CSS, using HTML5 to deliver online training, and working in a PHP environment.
Extensive background using Moodle and WordPress, including administration and customization.
Strong experience learning and implementing new technologies, developing workflows, and providing training.
Analytics, marketing strategy, and providing technical support.
Color Services Analyst
February 2011 – Present | Grand Rapids, MI
- Ensure proper execution of all service offerings including measurements, digital drawdowns, and portal administration
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to productize and deliver new service offerings
- Manage and maintain global Color Services eLearning site
- Develop eLearning courses for new products and services
– | Tucson, AZ
- Worked in all departments of a print shop including digital, prepress, pressroom, fulfillment, and sales
- Operated a Canon imagePRESS C7000VP and Canon imageRUNNER 110
- Performed preflighting functions including page layouts, typesetting, and color separations
- Worked on a six color offset printing press
IT Support Specialist & Lab Assistant
– | Kalamazoo, M
- IT Support Specialist for the College of Arts & Sciences:
- Maintained and developed CAS technology website
- Deployed instructor wikis containing classroom resources
- Updated and maintained Macs and PCs across campus
- Office/Lab Assistant for the Department of Chemical & Paper Engineering:
- Designed promotional materials for events and instructional purposes
- Lead operator on Canon imagePRESS C1+
- Assisted students with projects in computer and print labs
– | Tucson, AZ
- Developed a new website according to instructor needs
- Updated and maintained website information on a regular basis
- Worked independently under strict deadlines
October 25, 2017
Broadband Internet Access & eLearning DesignI feel that growing up in a low-income household always caused me to struggle in school more than other kids. I did not have access to the internet or a computer and this was at a time when my teachers were already requiring research papers to be typed up.
September 14, 2017
Condition 8: LeadershipEly’s description of leadership in his eighth facilitative condition could also be defined as transformational leadership.
September 14, 2017
Condition 7: CommitmentThis simple brainteaser speaks to Ely’s (1999) seventh facilitative condition—commitment (p. 5).