I am an instructional designer based out of Grand Rapids, MI where I work at X-Rite Pantone, a leader in color technology. I began at X-Rite by growing their eLearning platform to more than 50,000 customers worldwide. I am now the Global Technical Marketing and Sales Engagement Manager, focusing on new and innovative ways of educating X-Rite’s customers on products and services.
I have a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Communications from Western Michigan University and I’m finishing my Master of Arts at the University of Colorado Denver in Information & Learning Technologies, with a focus on instructional design and adult learning.
This site is a place for me to share my academic and professional work. I’m extremely passionate about multimedia and making learning interactive. As an instructional designer, I spend a lot of time exploring new skills and staying up to date on industry trends through my personal learning networks such as Reddit (r/InstructionalDesign). When I’m not designing learning experiences I enjoy photography and building computers. Feel free to connect with me on social!
Adobe Creative Cloud
After Effects, Audition, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere.
Well-versed in creating software simulations and adding interactivity. Expertise in Adobe Captivate.
Basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS. Experience working with databases and PHP. IT background working with Window Server and administering WordPress and Moodle (LMS).
Comfortable exploring and learning new tools. Industry experience developing training around brand new software and hardware solutions.
Sales guides, manuals, quick start guides, white papers, and webinars.
Analytics, marketing strategy, and technical support.
Global Technical Marketing & Sales Engagement Manager
July 2018 – Present | Grand Rapids, MI
- Manage global onboarding sales program for training new associates.
- Produce marketing videos focused on acquiring new customers.
- Organize and facilitate sales and educational customer webinars.
- Write sales guides and white papers for new products and technical topics.
Project Leader / Color Services Analyst
February 2011 – July 2018 | Grand Rapids, MI
- Supported the launch of Moodle-based eLearning site and grew it to more than 50,000 customers worldwide.
- Worked with subject matter experts to develop and produce training for new products and services.
- Ensured technical execution of service offerings including device measurements, on demand print production, and portal administration.
- Developed educational content for social media channels.
– | Tucson, AZ
- Worked in all departments of a print shop including digital, graphics/prepress, pressroom, estimating, & business.
- Performed preflighting and prepress functions including typesetting, layout, and color separations.
- Worked on a six-color Heidelberg Speedmaster SM 74 press.
IT Support Specialist & Lab Assistant
– | Kalamazoo, M
- IT Support Specialist for the College of Arts & Sciences:
- Assisted instructors with the use of classroom technology.
- Maintained and developed the College of Arts & Sciences Technology website.
- Created and maintained instructor wikis containing student resources.
- Office/Lab Assistant for the Department of Chemical & Paper Engineering:
- Designed a new brochure for the Graphics & Printing Science program aimed at recruiting prospective students.
- Created fliers and posters for events and instructional purposes.
- Assisted students with projects in computer lab and print lab.
October 12, 2018
Mapping Out Your FlowWhen building a new eLearning course it’s important to map out the flow of the course before getting too far into development. This allows you to understand what the navigational experience will be like for your learners and can help determine whether there are any ...
July 5, 2018
Journey Map – Learning SolutionWhen developing a learning solution, understanding the end goal and objectives are critical components. The following journey map lays out the journey for a potential food education program.
June 22, 2018
Redesigned Course HomepageIn this exercise, I took this boring eLearning course home page and livened it up to make it more interesting. I used Photoshop to create my layout along with free photos from Pexels (great resource). Since this is a redesigned homepage, I removed 99% of text since I thou...