I live in Grand Rapids, MI (pictured above) where I’ve spent the past five years developing training content for classrooms, seminars, and eLearning at X-Rite / Pantone, a global leader in the color and printing industries. I’ve helped X-Rite grow their eLearning platform to more than 25,000 customers worldwide. I currently support our Professional Color Services team in the execution and productization of new service offerings.
Technology and learning have always been apart of my life. I graduated from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science in Multimedia Imaging. While at WMU I produced a video on the use of technology in the English Department’s educational labs and developed a website dedicated to teaching about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I am now pursuing my Master of Arts at the University of Colorado Denver in Information & Learning Technologies, Option: eLearning.
This site is a place for me to share my work and professional interests in eLearning, instructional design, and social media. Photography is a big part of my life as well and I will be sharing my work through my gallery. In my spare time I also enjoy building computers and exploring online worlds (MMOs); both of these will also be discussed when relevant.
Color Services Analyst
February 2016 – Present | Grand Rapids, MI
- Ensure proper execution of all service offerings including measurements, digital drawdowns, and portal administration
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to productize and deliver new service offerings
- Manage and maintain global Color Services eLearning site
- Develop eLearning courses for new products and services
– February 2016 | Grand Rapids, MI
- Worked with subject matter experts to produce “in-the-box” training for new products
- Developed new training content for seminars and classrooms
- Wrote white papers and technical guides for end users
- Supported customers on social media
Office Assistant for the PCI Department
– | Kalamazoo, M
- Developed a new brochure for the printing program aimed at recruiting prospective students
- Lead operator on the department’s digital press, a Canon imagePRESS C1+
- Designed fliers and posters for events and instructional purposes
- Assisted students with projects in computer and print labs
– | Tucson, AZ
- Worked in all departments of a print shop including digital, prepress, pressroom, fulfillment, and sales
- Operated a Canon imagePRESS C7000VP and Canon imageRUNNER 110
- Performed preflighting functions including page layouts, typesetting, and color separations
- Worked on a six color offset printing press
IT Specialist for College of Arts & Sciences
– | Kalamazoo, MI
- Assisted instructors with classroom technology
- Maintained the College of Arts & Sciences technology website
- Created instructor wikis containing resources for students
Website Designer for U of A String Project
– | Tucson, AZ
- Developed a new website according to instructor needs
- Updated and maintained website information on a regular basis
- Worked independently under strict deadlines
February 21, 2017
Scholarly Critique 3In Planning for Neomillennial Learning Styles, Chris Dede examines how shifts in students’ learning style will prompt a shift to the active construction of knowledge through mediated immersion. Dede suggests that higher educational institutions should use emerging technol...
February 20, 2017
Learning Reflection 1The first month in Games and Learning has been overwhelming, yet extremely productive. I’m finding that the effort I put into this course determines how much I get out of it. I’ve already spent many hours reading, writing, and playing. There has been a lot of ...
February 16, 2017
Affinity Space Update 1 – Initial ObservationsI’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 on and off for about four years now. I blogged a little bit about this game in one of my earlier post, but for those that are unfamiliar with it, Guild wars 2 is a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) consisting of a ...